- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips, or 
- restaurant-style store-bought chips
- Duck Confit, removed from fat and shredded 
- 3 cups grated Havarti or Cheddar
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion rings
- 4 whole jalapenos, stemmed and cut into thin strips
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the corn, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and light golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cumin, stir and cook until deep golden brown, about 1 minute. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, chipotles, and garlic. Add the cooled corn and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the chips across a large ovenproof platter or baking sheet. Top with the duck confit and cheese. Arrange the onions and jalapenos over the cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the mixture is hot, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the Corn-Chipotle Salsa and sour cream. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges.