- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 recipe pastry for crawfish pies 
- Creole seasoning
- Oil, for frying
Preheat the fryer.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions, bell pepper, salt, cayenne and cook for 2 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the green onions, garlic, and parsley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Pour the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl and let cool for about 3 minutes. Add the egg and bread crumbs and mix well. Set aside. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each dough piece into a thin round about 5 inches in diameter. Put about 1/4 cup of the crawfish mixture in the center of each round, fold the dough over, and crimp the edges together with a fork. Fry the pies, 2 or 3 at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with the Creole seasoning, and serve hot.