- One 6 pound rib eye roast, bone-in
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 each whole jalapenos, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the roast with salt and pepper. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil, jalapenos, onions, garlic, and cilantro. Mix well. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Place the roast, bone up, in a large roasting pan, pour the marinade over the roast, coating the entire roast completely. Refrigerate the roast overnight. Remove the roast from the refrigerator and pour off the marinade. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Turn the oven down temperature to 325 degrees F. Roast for about 2 hours for medium-rare. Remove the roast from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice the roast into individual steaks and serve.