- 4 individual 4-inch basic pie dough rounds (like a flat disc)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups julienne yellow onions
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 anchovy
- 1/4 cup Goatís Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 12 Nicoise olives, pitted and halved
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the dough rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet pan. In a sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until caramelized, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic and anchovy. Using the back of a spoon, mash the anchovy and mix thoroughly. Season with black pepper. Spread the roasted garlic mixture, evenly over the dough. Spread the caramelized onions over the garlic mixture. Crumble the Goat's cheese over the onion mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Place 6 olive halves over each round and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Serve warm.Yield: 4 servings