- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 2 tablespoons small diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons small diced yellow bell peppers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade of cilantro
- 4 ounces pea shoots
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Splash of rice wine vinegar
- Drizzle of hoisin
- 2 ounces chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 heads of radicchio, halved, cored and grilled
- 4 wonton wrappers, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then add to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and the tails curl. Stir in the cilantro and pea shoots and cook for 1 minute. Add the sesame oil, vinegar and hoisin. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanuts.
- Thinly slice the grilled radicchio. In a mixing bowl, toss the radicchio with sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add the wontons and quickly pan-fry until golden, stirring constantly. Remove from the pan, and drain on paper towels. Season the wontons with salt. Mound some greens in the center of each plate. Spoon the warm shrimp salad over greens. Garnish with the crispy wontons and parsley.