- 1 recipe La Bourride Base 
- Pinch saffron
- 1 cup julienne leeks
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- Juice and strips of zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup julienne fennel
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped freshly parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 pounds of white fish, such as mullet, ocean perch or pollack, cleaned and filleted
- 1 cup Aioli
- 8 egg yolks
- 6 to 8 (1-inch) slices crusty French bread
- 1 cup Rouille
- Put the stock in a large, heavy pot on medium heat and bring to a gentle boil. Add the saffron, leeks, tomatoes, orange juice, orange zest, fennel, garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Turn down to a simmer and cook the liquid for 6 minutes.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pot. Cook for 12 minutes, or until the fish is flaky. Remove the fish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, combine 1/4 cup of the AÃ¯oli and the egg yolks, together. Whisk until smooth. Slowly whisk into the fish liquid. Continue to cook until the liquid starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. To serve, place the croutons in the center of each bowl. Ladle the sauce over the bread. Lay a couple pieces of fish on top of the crouton. Serve the remaining AÃ¯oli and Rouille in sauce boats to the side of the La Bourride.