- 2 pounds assorted Greek olives
- 12 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chervil, tarragon, and oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 quart olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Emeril's Original Essence
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the flour and Essence in a medium glass jar with a lid. Tighten the lid completely. Marinate the olives for 1 week. Drain the olives, reserving the oil for later use. Pat the olives and garlic dry. Season the flour with Essence. Dredge the olives in the flour, coating completely. Preheat the fryer. Fry the olives until golden, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Drain and season with Essence. Serve warm.