- 1 dozen green tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium yellow peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh jalapenos, stemmed and chopped
- 1 quart Pickling Liquid
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, pulse the tomatoes about 10 times. Pour the tomatoes into a nonreactive saucepan. Add the peppers, onions, and jalapeÃ±o to the processor and pulse the vegetables about 10 times. Add the mixture to the tomatoes. Stir in the pickling liquid. Over high heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and spoon into 6 (half-pint) preserving jars, filling the mixture to within 1/2-inch of the top. With a clean damp towel, wipe the rim and fit with a hot lid. Tightly screw on the metal ring. Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes. Using tongs, remove the jars, place on a towel, and let cool. Test the seals. Tighten the rings. Store in a cool dark place. Let age for 2 weeks before using.