- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Steen's 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 double cut pork loin chops, bone-in (about 14 ounces each)
- Cilantro and Roasted Potato Salad 
- Combine the tamarind paste, garlic, cane syrup, vinegar, oil, molasses, and ketchup in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Season each chop with Essence. Place the chops in large zip-lock bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and shake a couple of times.
Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning the bag over several times. Prepare the coals for the grill or preheat the electric grill. Remove the chops from the refrigerator and drain, reserving the marinade. Place the reserved marinade in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Place the chops on the grill, not over direct flame and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium, basting several times with the marinade. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving. To serve, mound the Cilantro and Roasted Potato Salad in the center of each plate. Lay the chops against the salad. Drizzle each plate with any remaining marinade.