- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups julienne onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds white potatoes, peeled, small diced and cooked until tender
- 1/4 cup Creole Mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 8 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned evenly. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in the mustard and green onions. Remove from the heat and set aside. Season both sides of the salmon with Essence.
- Dredge the salmon in the sugar, coating completely. Heat the remaining oil in two large skillets. Add the salmon and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until the salmon is caramelized. Mound the warm potato salad in the center of each plate. Lay the salmon on top of the salad. Garnish with parsley.