- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- For garnish: chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes
Put the chicken in a saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring a boil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Dice the chicken and transfer to a medium-size mixing bowl.
Add the cream cheese, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, half the pepper, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Stir to mix and set aside. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chiles, cumin, coriander, cayenne, curry, and the remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper, and 5 to 6 dashes of hot pepper sauce. Blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and pulse to blend.
Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Place the tortillas on work surface and fill each with about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture and roll into a cylinder. Lay the tortillas evenly in the prepared pan. Pour the tomato sauce over the tortillas. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil. Cover with shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and additional sour cream.