- Creamed Potatoes:
- 4 cups peeled and diced white potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 head Roasted Garlic, pulp removed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Lobsters, recipe follows
- 2 whole lobsters, (about 2 pounds each) cooked, meat removed and diced, and shells reserved
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 4 cups creamed potatoes, hot
- 4 ounces shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula, washed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Combine the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover the potatoes with water and cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return, the potatoes to the pan and over low heat, stir them with a fork or wire whisk for about 2 minutes to dehydrate them. Add the cream and garlic pulp. Stir to incorporate well. Mix in the white pepper and set aside.
- Season the lobster meat with salt, to taste, and set aside. Using a sharp knife, chop the lobster shells.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter and chopped lobster shells. Melt the butter and simmer over low for about 10 minutes. Remove and strain.
- To assemble, form 1 cup of the potatoes into a circle, in the center of each plate. Spoon 1/4 of the lobster of each circle of potatoes. Spoon 1/4 of the butter, or to taste, around each circle of potatoes. Arrange 1/4 of the cheese on top of each plate of lobster. Mound the arugula on top of the cheese. Garnish with parsley.