- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- Emeril's Original Essence or other Creole seasoning 
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers, and celery and garlic. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the crawfish tails and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the crawfish mixture with the garlic, parsley, green onions, and 3/4 cup mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce. Mix well. Spoon the mixture into 4 individual gratin dishes . Mix together the bread crumbs, the remaining mayonnaise, and Creole seasoning. Spread the top of the crawfish mixture with this mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly and brown. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.