- One 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, cored, seeded and small-diced
- 1/2 cup corn cooked kernels
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, minced (with or without seeds)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce pieces salmon fillet, skin on (scales removed)
In a nonreactive mixing bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside for flavors to mingle while you cook the salmon.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and season the salmon on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the salmon to the pan, skin side down, and cook, undisturbed, until golden brown and very crispy on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully turn the salmon over and continue to cook until the fish is golden on top and cooked to the desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Serve the fish with the salsa and with lime wedges if desired.
Mexican-Style Yellow Rice with Black Beans
Pan Seared Salmon With Black Bean Relish
Air Fried Squash with Goat Cheese and Herbed Salsa
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Vietnamese-Style Curried Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles
Black-eyed Pea Hummus
Roast Pork Loin with Rosemary
Smoked Salmon Tartare On Toast Points
Chicken Braised with Olives and Kumquats
Jalapeno Grilled Quail With Texas Red Grape Grapefruit Jelly Glaze