- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup Guiness Stout, without any foam
- 8 ounces shredded Irish cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 4 slices sourdough or country style bread
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- 4 cups baby greens, for serving
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in the beer. When the bubbles have begun to subside, add the cheese and continue to stir until all of the cheese has melted and the mixture is very smooth and creamy. Add the salt, pepper, dry mustard and Worcestershire. Reduce the heat and keep warm.
Prepare the soft boiled eggs and toast the bread.
Top each slice of toast with the cheese sauce, 2 slices of bacon, 1 soft boiled egg and serve with the mixed greens.
Irish Soda Bread with Currants
Potato Soup with Bacon and Cheddar
Guinness Stout Ice Cream
Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting
Irish Beef Stew
Potato, Onion And Pea Champ
New England Boiled Dinner
Smoked Salmon And Watercress Salad With A Lemon Caper Vinaigrette