- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Creole seasoning, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon caper juice (brine from jarred capers)
- ¼ cup very finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped green onion tops, plus more sliced for garnish
- 6 ounces boiled shrimp, finely chopped
- Cayenne pepper, for garnish (optional)
Carefully remove the yolks from the halved eggs and push them through a sieve into a mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Creole mustard, Creole seasoning, and caper juice and mix until smooth and well-blended. Stir in the celery, chopped green onions and shrimp. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Transfer the yolk mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip, and pipe the filling into the hollow of each egg half. Garnish with the sliced green onion tops and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper if desired. Serve immediately, or cover lightly with plastic wrap and chill for up to several hours or up to overnight before serving.