- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 pound (about 2 bunches) lacinata kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 8-ounce package neufchatel cheese
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Comte or Fontal cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Assorted crackers, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a Dutch-oven over medium-high heat cook the bacon, stirring, until crisp and drain on paper towels. Add the kale to the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until wilted. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and the artichoke hearts and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add the neufchatel cheese and creme fraiche, lower the heat and cook until the cheese has melted. Stir in the Asiago, Comte, Worcestershire, red pepper, salt and bacon and stir until well combined. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is bubbling. Serve with assorted crackers.