For the cucumber:
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Mahi Mahi:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces peeled deveined shrimp
- Four six-ounce Mahi Mahi or Halibut fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Toss the cucumber in the salt and set aside for 1 hour. Rinse the cucumber and squeeze out excess liquid. Add to a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring the vinegar and sugar to a simmer, then pour over the cucumber and set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, curry powder, and salt, reduce heat to medium low, and cook, stirring as needed, until onions are caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, then add the shrimp. Cook, stirring as needed until shrimp are cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes longer. Drain the cucumber and stir into the pan with the shrimp. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to a sauté pan and heat over medium high heat. Season the filets with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes then turn to cook on the other side. Continue to cook 2 minutes longer. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the pan and cook until browned, spooning the butter over the fish. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and set aside on serving plates. Whisk the miso paste into the brown butter. Squeeze the juice from lemon wedges into the pan and add. Stir in the dill and remove from the heat.
- Top the Mahi Mahi with the curry shrimp and cucumber then drizzle with the brown butter.
Smoked Trout and Mushroom Spread on Crispbread
STEAMED BUNS WITH KIMCHI BRAISED PORK
Cold Poached Salmon with Herb Mayonnaise
Spanish-Style Deviled Eggs with Pimentόn and Manzanillo Olives
Cuban-Style Roast Pork
KOREAN RICE CAKES BRAISED IN A SPICY RED CHILI SAUCE
KIMCHI BRAISED PORK