- 1 3/4 to 2 pounds 1-inch-thick swordfish steaks, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick lengthwise slices
- 1 6-inch-long zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 16 cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 8 long (11 to 12-inch) skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for at least 15 minutes)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed Herb Pesto
Preheat a grill or broiler to high.
Assemble the kebabs by dividing the swordfish and vegetables evenly among the skewers, alternating colors and ingredients. Lightly brush all sides of each filled skewer with the olive oil, and then season the skewers with the salt and pepper. Grill or broil the skewers 6 inches from the heat source until the fish is just cooked through and the vegetables are lightly browned on the edges, about 8 minutes.
Enjoy while hot, with some of the Mixed Herb Pesto drizzled over all.
Grilled Rack Of Lamb with a Mixed Herb Pesto
Grilled Swordfish With White Bean Relish And Potato Skordalia
Grilled Soft-shell Crabs With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas
Grilled Shrimp With Caviar Butter
Soft-shell Crabs On The Grill
Grilled Fish Tacos with a Roasted Chile and Avocado Salsa
Yellowfin Tuna with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Greek-style Lamb Kebabs
Grilled Sea Scallops with Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Currant Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus and Mushrooms