- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup Emeril's Kick It Up Red Pepper Sauce or other Louisiana red hot sauce, such as Crystal
- 1 cup flour, or more as needed
- Emeril's Original Essence, to taste
In a large, heavy, deep pot or electric fryer, heat 4 inches of vegetable oil to 360°F.
In a small mixing bowl, toss the onions with the hot sauce. Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with Essence.
Dredge the onion rings in the flour, shaking to remove excess flour. Fry them in batches in the hot oil, turning as necessary, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels briefly, then season with Essence. Set aside and keep warm until ready to serve.
Big And Crispy Onion Rings
Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
The Veggie-Portobello Burger
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Grilled Banana Splits With Hot Fudge And Rum Caramel Sauce
Braised Green Beans with Pancetta and Caramelized Onions
Fried Chocolate Bananas
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce