- 2 large jalapenos
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, about 2 limes
- Roast the jalapenos and poblano peppers by setting them directly over the flame of a gas burner* set on high, and cook, in batches and turning as necessary, until blackened on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap, allowing them to steam.
- Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove and discard the stems, the skin and most of the seeds (by just running your fingers over the pepper).
- Add the roasted peppers, salt and lime juice to a blender and puree until smooth.
- The green chili sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- *Note: if you don’t have a gas stove, you can roast peppers in the oven: Toss them in 1 teaspoon oil, place them on a baking sheet, and roast at 450 degrees F until blackened on all sides, turning them as necessary.
Creamy Green Chili Nacho Cheese Sauce
Emeril's Wing Sauce
Lentil Salad With Braised Greens And Sunny Side Up Eggs
Emeril's Restaurant Sweet Corn Muffins
Emeril's Homemade Granola Bars
Quick And Easy Black Beans
Homemade Pico De Gallo
Green Chili Chicken Nachos
Down Home Chili
Double Chili Cheeseburger With Griddled Onions