- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled, medium diced
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Four (6-ounce) trout fillets or red fish
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- Emeril's Original Essence or other Creole seasoning
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Juice of one lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to warm, about 170° F.
- Preheat an electric fryer to 365° F and fry the potatoes until golden brown, drain and set aside, season with salt. Alternatively you may fry them on the stove in a Dutch oven.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallots, garlic, and potatoes, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the oven to keep warm while you are cooking the fish.
- Season the fillets, flour, and egg wash with the Essence. Dredge the fillets in the seasoned flour, coating completely. Dip each fillet in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off then dredge the fillets back into the seasoned flour, coating completely. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet set over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add the fillets and pan fry until they are golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the pan, drain on paper towels set over a plate, then transfer to fish to the oven to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet. Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Add the almonds, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes or until the almonds are golden. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- To serve, spoon the potatoes in the center of each plate. Lay the fish on top of the potatoes. Then spoon the almond butter sauce over the fish.
Creole Redfish Court-bouillon
Grilled Spicy Sausage With Florida Sweet Potatoes And Peppers With Mustard Vinaigrette
Crispy Fish Tacos
The Catfish Place's Hush Puppies
Redfish Almandine Served With Brabant Potatoes
Florida Swordfish, Swank Farms Cauliflower, Tomatoes And Chickpeas
Black Grouper With Sofrito And Rock Shrimp Toast
Yellowedge Grouper With Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette And Petite Greens
White Water Clams With Beer And Orange Broth
Pecan Boniato Crusted Fish With Jalapeno Cream Sauce