- 8 slices seeded or multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnut Pesto
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup alfalfa or green leaf sprouts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Arrange the toast slices in a single layer on a work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of the Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnut Pesto on each slice of bread. On 4 of the slices, arrange the cucumber in a single layer, covering as much of the bread as possible, and season with just a pinch of salt and pepper. Place a slice each of provolone, cheddar, and Swiss cheese on top of the cucumber. Divide the avocado slices evenly among the sandwiches and season with salt and pepper. Spread 2 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomatoes evenly over the avocado.
In a small mixing bowl, toss the sprouts with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread 1/4 cup of the sprouts over the tomatoes on each sandwich. Complete the sandwiches with the remaining slices of toast.
The Veggie-Portobello Burger
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad
Udon Noodle Stir-fry With Vegetables
Kale And Chickpea Stew
Roasted Beets with Pistachio-Goat Cheese Spread on Sourdough
Grilled Cheese "Sandwitch''
Warm Greens With Emeril's Herb Vinaigrette
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Balsamic Roasted Carrots