- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 pounds green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned, low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Set a Dutch oven over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is well browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green beans and toss to combine with the bacon and onion.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chicken stock. As soon as the stock begins to boil, place the lid on the pan and cook the beans for about 6 minutes. Remove the lid, season the beans with the salt and pepper, and toss well. Replace the lid and cook until the beans are tender, 1 or 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the beans to a serving dish or small platter to serve.
Braised Chicken Thighs
Black Bean Cakes
Emeril's Shrimp And Pasta With Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, And Green Onions
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Oven-crispy French Fries With Paprika-parmesan Salt
Southern Braised Greens With Bacon
Emeril's Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, And Arugula Salad
Emeril's Late-night Parfaits