- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned squid (about 3 pounds whole), tentacles separated from bodies, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Cut squid bodies along sides to open flat. With a thin, sharp knife, lightly score insides, being careful not to cut all the way through.
In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Add the calamari and toss to coat. Allow calamari to marinate up to 10 minutes while you preheat the grill to high heat.
Grill squid, turning occasionally, until opaque, slightly golden, and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Take care to not overcook. Remove squid to cutting board and slice into strips. Slice tentacles if desired.
Lightly drizzle with additional extra virgin olive oil as desired, sprinkle with salt if desired, and parsley, and serve with the lemon wedges on the side.
Emeril's Seafood Paella
Emeril's Roasted Pimiento Peppers
Grilled Almond-Butter Sandwiches with Bananas and Semisweet Chocolate
Grilled Cheese "Sandwitch''
Grilled Sardines, Portuguese-style
Grilled Rack Of Lamb with a Mixed Herb Pesto
Spanish Mackerel With A Spinach And Chickpea Salad And Tomato Vinaigrette
Devil's Flaming Shrimp
Turkey Burgers With Cilantro Mayonnaise