- 2 gallons water
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella curd
- In a large braising pot add the water and enough kosher salt until it tastes like saltwater. Bring the water to a simmer and remove from heat.
- While waiting for water to boil, chop the mozzarella curds and set aside in a large bowl.
- When water is ready, ladle over the chopped curd to cover. Allow curd to soften before forming mozzarella balls
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture until the curd begins to pull into strings. Work quickly with the curd to achieve a consistent silken texture.
- Pour off excess water from the softened cheese.
- Knead the cheese in your hands, folding to create a round shape of desired size.
- Twist off ball of mozzarella and place in a bowl of cool water, continue this process until all the fresh mozzarella is formed.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 3 - Italian Chowdown
- Dish Type: Misc
- Cuisine: Italian
- Cooking Method: Boiling