- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups dark rum
- 2 very-ripe pineapples, cut crosswise with the core intact
- Pinch Hawaiian sea salt
- Coconut ice cream or sorbet, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar and the water. Continue to cook until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- In a large nonreactive glass container, add the Bacardi, warm simple syrup, and pineapple slices. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Being very careful, add the pineapple slices one at a time and let cook for 30 seconds per side. Flip and continue on other side.
- Remove from heat when the pineapple is well marked. Place a couple slices of grilled pineapple on a plate and serve with coconut ice cream. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Hoisin Pork Chops With Cabbage, Pineapple, And Macadamia Nut Slaw
Cabbage, Pineapple, And Macadamia Nut Slaw
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Fresh Tuna And Butter Lettuce Wraps With Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno, And Basil Oil
Emeril’s Coconut And Macadamia Nut Rice
Graham Cracker Crust