- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Two 10-ounce bags frozen pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place a 10- inch cast- iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the cornmeal.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, milk, olive oil, and lemon zest until frothy. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar, and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix just until the batter is smooth.
- Swirl the butter in the hot cast- iron skillet until it has melted, and then pour the batter into the skillet. Return the skillet to the oven and cook until the center is set, about 25 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, set a 10-inch skillet over high heat, and add the cherries, lemon juice, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Cook until the cherries have released most of their juice, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
- Allow the cake to cool in the skillet for 5 minutes. Then slice it into wedges and serve with the stewed cherries spooned over the top.
Brazilian Fish Stew
Black Bean Cakes
Emeril's Late-night Parfaits
Simple Turkey Meatloaf
Fresh Berries With Balsamic Drizzle And Almond Cream
Emeril's Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana
Braised Chicken Thighs
Indian-Inspired Shrimp with Coconut, Chiles, and Tomatoes
Triple Coconut Cake with Seven-Minute Coconut Frosting