- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Four 6-ounce yellowfin tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Brush both sides of the pineapple slices with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place the pineapple on the grill and cook, rotating the slices occasionally, until slightly softened and nicely marked by the grill, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Dice the pineapple slices (discard the tough core portions), and place the dice in a medium nonreactive bowl. Add the red onion, bell pepper, rice vinegar, jalapenos, lime juice, cilantro, and minced garlic. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil, and stir well to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and set the salsa aside.
- Season the tuna steaks with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and the Original Essence, and brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the steaks on the grill, rotating them 45 degrees after 2 minutes. Cook for 2 minutes longer. Turn to the other side, grilling the steaks for an additional 2 minutes, or until medium-rare. Remove the tuna from the heat and let it rest briefly before serving it with the Grilled Pineapple Salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Grilled Fish Tacos With A Roasted Chile And Avocado Salsa
Grilled Chicken Thighs With Brazilian “vinaigrette” Salsa
Melon Salsa With Grilled Tuna
Grilled Tuna With Tortilla Sauce, Black Bean Chili, And Salsa
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocados And Fried Tortillas
Maui Tacos Fish Taco With Pineapple Tomato Salsa
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Hoisin Pork Chops With Cabbage, Pineapple, And Macadamia Nut Slaw
Tuna Steaks With Guacamole And Salsa Cruda