- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 package toffee bits
- 1 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend sugars together on medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. At low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and then the toffee bits. Mix until just blended; do not over-mix.
- Place ground nuts in a small bowl. Using hands, roll balls of dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll in the ground nuts. Place on cookie sheets several inches apart. Bake approximately 22 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate with the vegetable oil in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and place in freezer or refrigerator until chocolate is firmly set.
Pumpkin Pie Pinwheel Cookies
Steve's Killer Bread Pudding
Winterfresh Fudge Bars
Almond Butter Cookies
Fresh Lemon And Lavender Ice Cream With Almond Butter Cookies
Dirty Martini With Blue Cheese Almond Stuffed Olives
Venison Meatballs With Pasta Ribbons
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Orange Petite Fours With An Almond Pastry Cream And A Fresh Orange Glaze
Rhubarb And Strawberry Pie With† Almond Crumb Topping