- For the Soup:
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle light beer
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 pound sharp cheddar, grated
- Dash hot red pepper sauce
- Tempura Broccoli Florets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- For the Tempura Broccoli Florets:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup seltzer water
- 8 fresh broccoli florets, blanched
- For the Soup: In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 4 minutes to make a blond roux. Add the onions and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are wilted. Stir in the beer and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Stir in the milk and cheese. Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and hot sauce. Reduce the heat and keep warm.
- To serve, ladle the soup into each bowl. Garnish with the Tempura Florets and parsley.
- For the Tempura Broccoli Florets: Preheat the fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, egg, and soda water. Mix well to make a smooth batter. Season with salt and cayenne. Dip each floret into the batter, shaking off any excess. Carefully add the battered broccoli to the oil and fry until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
Cheddar Cheese and Beer Soup with Tempura Broccoli Florets
Fried Fresh Mozzarella With Mushroom Ragu
Cheddar And Beer Soup With Spicy Popcorn Garnish
Cheese And Beer Soup With Garlic Croutons And Kielbasa Sausage
Emeril's Broccoli And Gruyere Soup
Wok Fried Tempura Ahi With Shoyu Mustard Butter Sauce And Tomato Ginger Relish
Tempura Pumpkin With A Drizzle Of Caramel Sauce And Cinnamon Ice Cream
Tempura Squash Blossom And Crab Packages With Hoisin Butter Sauce
Tempura Chicken Fingers With Plum Sauce And Ginger Stir Fried Vegetables
Stir Fried Pork And Broccoli With Cashews