- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, green tops only
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked white pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup shredded or torn, well washed nasturtium flowers
- 1/4 cup torn fresh chervil leaves
- Sliced chives, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil and the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until opaque, 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring until the rice nearly completely absorbs all the liquid, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add 1 cup of the hot stock, and cook, stirring constantly. Cook the risotto, adding more stock 1/2 cup at a time as it is absorbed, about 20 minutes total cooking time. Stir in the green onions after 15 minutes cooking time. Season the risotto with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper. The rice should be slightly al dente.
- Remove from the heat. Add the cheese, nasturtiums, and chervil, and stir well to mix. Adjust the seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Pepper-crusted Tuna Salad With Sesame Vinaigrette And Fresh Wasabi Leaves
Heirloom Tomato Salad With Light Vinaigrette
Apple Tarragon Granita
Cilantro-Tequila Grilled Chicken
Grilled Tomato Risotto With Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
Risotto Milanese Style
Sweet Corn, Black Trumpet And Truffle Risotto
Winter Squash And Duck Risotto