- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk soy sauce, garlic, ginger, scallions, sugar, sesame oil, and black pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Use marinade immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Shopsmart: Not all soy sauces are the same. Some are saltier, others sweet and thick. Light soy sauces are salty; the "light" refers to the body of the sauce. Dark soy sauces are sweeter and thicker. For the best results with this marinade, choose a dark Japanese or Korean soy sauce.
Korean Short Ribs With Cucumber Kimchee
Spicy Thai-style Pineapple Wraps
Swordfish With Fennel-saffron Compote
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Bourbon Bbq Sauce
Fried Oyster Poor Boys With Homemade Bbq Sauce And A Crunchy Blue Cheese Slaw
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles