- 4 fresh peaches
- 2 cups dessert wine or white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in 1/2 and seeds scraped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, picked over
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, or good quality store bought vanilla, for serving
- Whole fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Score the bottom of each peach with a paring knife, making an X on the bottom of each. Combine the wine, water, sugar, and vanilla bean seeds and pod in a saucepan. Add the peaches and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the peaches from the syrup and cool slightly.
- Return the peach cooking liquid to high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the mixture by half, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Peel the peaches and halve each peach, removing the seed. Pour 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid over the peaches and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Combine the raspberries, 1/2 cup of the syrup, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and process until well pureed. Strain the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream in each bowl. Top each serving with 1 peach half and drizzle the raspberry coulis over the peach. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve immediately.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Apple Brown Betty
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Orange Pudding Cakes
Strawberry Crumb Pie
Brandied Peach Custard Pie
Peach Upside-down Cake
Roasted Peach Soup Garnished With Peach Sorbet And Butter Cookies
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Emeril’s Delmonico Peach Salad