- 4 fresh peaches
- 2 cups dessert wine or white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in 1/2 and seeds scraped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, picked over
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, or good quality store bought vanilla, for serving
- Whole fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Score the bottom of each peach with a paring knife, making an X on the bottom of each. Combine the wine, water, sugar, and vanilla bean seeds and pod in a saucepan. Add the peaches and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the peaches from the syrup and cool slightly.
Return the peach cooking liquid to high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the mixture by half, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Peel the peaches and halve each peach, removing the seed. Pour 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid over the peaches and refrigerate until well chilled.
Combine the raspberries, 1/2 cup of the syrup, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and process until well pureed. Strain the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream in each bowl. Top each serving with 1 peach half and drizzle the raspberry coulis over the peach. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve immediately.