- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup dry Spanish sherry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 spiny lobster tails, from 2 (2-pound) spiny lobsters
- For the salad and vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning salad
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning salad
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 ounces baby spinach, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- In a medium non-reactive bowl, whisk together the lemon, lime and orange juices, sherry, olive oil, paprika, salt, parsley, and cilantro. Transfer to a large 1-gallon re-sealable plastic food storage bag.
- Using a large chef's knife, cut the lobster tails in half through the shell lengthwise. Remove the black vein from the tails and discard. Transfer the tail halves to the food storage bag with the marinade and seal. Place the bag inside a mixing bowl, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to 6.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, shallots, honey, mustard, garlic, and orange zest. Whisk to combine. While whisking, add the olive oil in a slow but steady stream until fully incorporated. Add the 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Remove the lobster from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a grill to medium. Remove the lobster tails from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and place them on the grill, cut-side down, and grill for 6 to 7 minutes. Rotate the lobster tails 45 degrees and grill for another 6 to 7 minutes. Turn the lobster tails over, shell side down, and baste with some of the reserved marinade. Continue to cook until the tails are opaque and fully cooked, 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baby spinach, jicama and the tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the salad among 4 wide, shallow salad bowls, lay a lobster tail half against a pile of greens, and drizzle with the vinaigrette, if desired.
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Casuelita Colonial Seafood Soup With Lobster
Coconut And White Chocolate Souffles With Mango-rum Sauce
Hearts Of Palm, Baby Spinach, And Red Onion Salad With Citrus Vinaigrette
Grilled Lobster Tails With Mashed Jerusalem Artichokes, Sauteed Asparagus, And Lemon Tarragon Butter
Salad Of Fresh Watercress With Baby Tomatoes And A Sherry Vinaigrette
Watercress, Endive And Strawberry Salad With Gravlax And A Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Goat Cheese Gnocchi And Warm Spinach Salad With Caramelized Onion And Andouille Vinaigrette