- 4 cups sugar, plus more for coating
- 2 cups water
- 6 limes, zest only, julienned
- Bring 4 cups sugar and the water to a boil in a 1-quart saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves and remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Place the lime zest in a separate saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, drain the zest, and rinse under cold running water. Repeat this process 2 more times, using fresh water each time.
- Place the blanched zest in a saucepan and cover with enough of the sugar-water syrup to cover by 1-inch. Bring the syrup to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook the zest until it is tender and translucent in color, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool, and drain the zest. Lay strips of zest on a wire rack to cool, then toss in the sugar until well coated. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Key Lime Meringue Pie With Candied Lime Peel
Chocolate Ice Cream-filled Cake Roll With Raspberry Coulis
Chocolate Sheba With White And Dark Chocolate Lattice
Cashew-Crusted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Meringue
Mr. Lou's Key Lime Pie
Praline And Goat Cheese Cheesecake With Praline Sauce And Candied Pecans
Candied Lemons And Oranges
Chocolate Dipped Candied Orange And Lemon Zest And Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Mashed Potato Candy
Christmas Candy Cane