- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds baby Red Bliss potatoes (no larger than 2 inches each), scrubbed well
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- Stir the olive oil, garlic, and rosemary together in a small bowl and let it sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes, discarding the water.
- Using a towel wrapped around the palm of your hand, gently smash each potato until the skin breaks, while trying to keep the potato whole (leaving it about 1 inch thick). Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet. Generously brush both sides of the potatoes with the olive oil mixture, and season both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the grill and cook until grill marks appear and the potatoes are nicely caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes per side.