- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1/4-ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the onions: In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until caramelized, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- For the dough: Using an electric mixer with a dough hook, whisk the yeast, sugar, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, warm water, and caramelized onions together for 2 minutes to dissolve the yeast. Add the fine salt and flour. With the mixer on low, mix until the dough starts to come together. Increase the speed to medium-high and mix until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and crawls up the dough hook. Grease a mixing bowl with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the dough in the greased bowl and turn once. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft free place until the dough doubles in size about 1 1/2 hours. Grease a half baking sheet pan (17 by 12-inch) with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Turn the dough out onto a baking sheet. Punch the dough down and press the dough out into the pan. Brush the dough with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle the dough with kosher salt and black pepper. Lightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 1 hour. Bake the dough for 30 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Crabmeat And Brie Fondue
Oyster Rockefeller Fondue
Emeril's Asian Fondue With Sesame-soy Dipping Sauce
Sesame-soy Dipping Sauce
Mexican Chocolate Fondue
Fried Cinnamon Fritters
Five Onion Foccacia And Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Vegetable Quesadilla With Parsnip Puree, Caramelized Onion Marmalade, Cilantro Sour Cream
Seared Duck With Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding