- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (10-inch round) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 large bananas, halved crosswise
- 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 pint strawberry ice cream
- Chocolate-Banana Sauce
- Pineapple Rum Sauce
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted peanuts, for serving
- Pour vegetable oil in a large skillet or pan with deep sides to a depth of 1-inch. (The pan should be large enough to accommodate a 10-inch round tortilla). Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fry the tortillas, 1 at a time in the oil until soft, about 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Quickly remove the tortilla from the oil, sprinkle both sides evenly with the cinnamon-sugar, and place over an inverted bowl. Carefully press the tortilla down around the bowl to form a bowl shape. Allow tortilla to cool completely before removing the inverted bowl. Repeat with remaining tortilla.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and strawberries and cook until sugar is melted and the mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the rum. Return the pan to the heat and ignite. Cook until the flames die out, about 10 to 15 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble: Slice the banana halves in half lengthwise and arrange 4 slices in each tortilla bowl. Place 2 scoops (1/4-cup each) of each flavor ice cream in each bowl. Drizzle Chocolate-Banana Sauce, Pineapple Rum Sauce, and Strawberry Sauce over the ice cream. Top with sweetened whipped cream and crushed peanuts. Serve immediately.
Chocolate Banana Sauce
Grilled Banana Splits with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Emeril's Classic Banana Split
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Candy Bar Brownie Sundae
Port And Caramel Ice Cream Sundae