- 4 racks of venison (4 bones each, about 16 to 18 ounces), bones Frenched
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Essence plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted and ground pine nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted and ground pistachios
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- Wild Mushroom and Bacon Bread Pudding
- Cherry-Sage Reduction Sauce
- Fresh sage leaves or chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the venison with the salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the Essence. Place a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan and once the pan is hot, sear the venison on the bone side for 1 minute, and use tongs to sear each of the other sides and ends for 1 minute each. Remove racks from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl combine the pine nuts, pistachios, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon of Essence and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss well.
- Once the ribs are cool enough to handle, rub the racks with the mustard, using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mustard per rack. Dredge each rack into the bread crumb mixture to evenly coat. Place the racks in a skillet and roast in the oven 15 to 20 minutes or an instant read thermometer inserted into its center registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare.
- To serve the dish, cut the bread pudding into squares. Place a portion of the bread pudding in the center of a warmed entree plate. Slice the venison racks into 4 chops each and place around the bread pudding. Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce around the plate and garnish with fresh sage leaves or chopped parsley.
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes And Peasant Style Sauce
Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding
Seared Salmon With A Wild Mushroom And White Bean Ragout And A Merlot Reduction Sauce
Pumpkin, Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Pork Chop
Duck Breasts With Cherries And Rose Sparkling Wine Reduction With Nutty Wild Rice
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb
Venison And Wild Mushroom Stew
Venison Medallions With Bacon And White Bean Ragout And Creole Mustard Sauce