- 1 (375-ml) bottle Sauternes wine or other sweet dessert wine
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 Bosc pears
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola, softened at room temperature
- 1-ounce cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan combine the wine, water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. While the poaching liquid is heating, peel the pears, leaving the stem intact. Rub the pears with lemon juice as you are working with them to keep them from discoloring. When the poaching liquid has come to a boil, add the pears and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- When the pears are tender, use a slotted spoon to carefully remove them from the poaching liquid and transfer to a plate and allow to cool. Return the poaching liquid to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced to a syrup, about 20 minutes. Strain the syrup and transfer syrup to a bowl. Discard solids. Set syrup aside until cooled to room temperature.
- When they have cooled, use a melon baller to carefully remove the inner core of the pears, working from the bottom of the pears, so that no seeds or rough matter remains. Pat pears dry inside and out and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the Gorgonzola, cream cheese, honey and salt and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer the cheese mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip and pipe the mixture into the cavity of each pear, dividing the mixture evenly among the pears. Place the pears on dessert plates and drizzle with the cooled syrup. Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve at room temperature.
Veal Chops Stuffed With Mascarpone, Pancetta, And Caramelized Onions
Mushroom And Artichoke Stuffed Trout
Crabmeat Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
Lamb Stuffed Ravioli With A Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Caramalized Pears With Proscuitto And A Drizzle Of Balsamic Syrup
Roasted Fresh Figs With Gorgonzola
Oysters Stuffed With A Mirliton Dressing And A Drizzle Of Hollandaise
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Pear, Stilton, And Walnut Souffles With Pear Compote
Poached Pears Stuffed With Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts Wrapped In Puff Pastry With Port Wine Reduction Sauce