- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 to 2 pounds (1-inch thick) swordfish steaks, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (6-inch) long zucchini, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 16 cremini mushrooms, ends trimmed
- Make the Fresh Herb Pesto Sauce by combining the basil, parsley, mint, cilantro and chives in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese and, with the machine running, add 1 cup of the oil in a thin, steady stream. Add the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and pulse to combine well. Transfer to a non-reactive bowl and set aside, covered with plastic wrap, until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill or broiler to high.
- Assemble the kabobs by dividing the swordfish and cut vegetables evenly among 8 extra-long (11 to 12-inch) skewers, alternating colors and ingredients. (If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them in warm water for at least 15 minutes before adding ingredients.) Lightly brush all sides of each filled skewer with some of the remaining olive oil, and then season the skewers with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill or broil the skewers 6 inches from the heat source until the fish is just cooked through and vegetables are lightly browned on the edges, about 8 minutes. Enjoy while hot, with some of the Fresh Herb Pesto Sauce drizzled over all.
- Cook's Note: The pesto sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated until ready to use. If you choose to make this ahead of time, cover the top of the sauce with a thin film of oil to keep the sauce from darkening. Return to room temperature before serving.
Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with Mixed Herb Pesto
Grilled Sardines With Fresh Herb Sauce
Grilled Rack Of Lamb with a Mixed Herb Pesto
Fresh Swordfish With An Olive Tomato Sauce And Crispy Calamari
Grilled Vegetable Lasagna With Puttanesca Sauce And Pesto Oil
Cheese Stuffed Chicken Scallopini With Fresh Tomato Sauce And Herbed Orzo With Peas
Grilled Sea Scallops With Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Current Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus And Chantrelle Mushrooms
Grilled Swordfish With Caponata Relish
Grilled Swordfish With White Bean Relish And Potato Skordalia
Swordfish With Portuguese Sauce