- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white spring onions (white and pale green parts only), finely chopped
- 10 spears asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces on bias
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 veal cutlets (about 2 1/2 ounces each)
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup saltine crackers, finely crumbled in a blender or food processor
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Using a large skillet with a heavy bottom, heat the olive oil over low heat and saute or "sweat" the onions until translucent. Add asparagus, deglaze the pan with wine, and cook for 1 minute. Add the Arborio rice, stir to coat with the olive oil, and saute with the onions to toast each grain of rice, about 7 minutes.
- Once the rice is lightly toasted, add the white wine slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan to just to the boiling point, then have it ready at stove side. After the rice has absorbed the white wine and the skillet is nearly dry, add 1 cup stock, stirring occasionally, and cook over very low heat until the stock is absorbed. Continue adding the stock, 1/2 cup at a time, until all the stock has been absorbed.
- After adding the last 1/2 cup stock, also add the butter, Parmesan, and heavy cream. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Re-season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Paneed Veal: While risotto is cooking, wrap each cutlet in plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until very thin. Season the cutlets with 1 teaspoon of the Essence. Mix together the eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Combine the cracker crumbs with 2 teaspoons Essence on a shallow platter. Dip the cutlets in the egg mixture, then in the cracker crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the cutlets for about 30 seconds on each side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately with White Asparagus Risotto.
Snapper With Truffled Favas And Crosnes
Sixty One Paneed Veal Chops With Fettuccine
Arugula Salad With Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Fried Softshell Crab, White Asparagus And Wild Sorrel With A Grilled Ramp Dressing
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Fiddlehead Ferns And Angel Hair Pasta
Rhubarb And Apple Cobbler
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish