- 1 (1/2-ounce) breakfast slice country ham
- 3 eggs
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons shredded mild Cheddar
- Heat county ham in a small skillet over medium heat just until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, dice into small pieces, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne, and heavy cream until well blended and frothy.
- In an 8-inch, nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and stir lightly until just set on the bottom, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the ham and green onions across the omelet, and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, shaking the pan to loosen the eggs around the edges.
- When the eggs are nearly completely set but still slightly soft, sprinkle the cheese over the top of the omelet. Hold the pan in 1 hand, and with a flick of the wrist, flip, and fold 1 1/3 of the omelet toward the center. Turn out onto a plate, folding the omelet onto itself into thirds. Garnish with additional chopped green onions if desired and serve immediately.
Country Ham And Cheddar Omelet
Country Ham And Bread Crumb Stuffed Artichokes
Baby Arugula With Country Ham, Goat Cheese, Dried Cherries, And Walnut Vinaigrette
Country Ham And Vegetable Bake
Stewed Black Eyed Peas With Country Ham
Apple Smoked Bacon, White Cheddar And Potato Omelet
Country Ham With Red Eyed Gravy And Creamy Grits
Country Ham With Redeye Gravy And Buttermilk Biscuits
Emeril's Egg Benedict With Country Ham, Poached Eggs And Fresh Herb Hollandaise
Artichoke, Brie And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar