- 1/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons gravy enhancer, optional, for color only (recommended: Kitchen Bouquet)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery, about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fall River Chow Mein Noodles
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with the boiling water. Allow mushrooms to stand for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Remove mushrooms and reserve for another use. Reserve 1/3 cup of the mushroom-soaking liquid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of the onions and cook until slightly softened but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and celery salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 2 1/2 cups of the beef broth and the reserved mushroom-soaking liquid and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup beef broth, cornstarch, gravy enhancer, and soy sauce. Add the cornstarch mixture and the corn syrup to the saucepan and return the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the gravy is slightly thickened. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a medium wok, heat the remaining vegetable oil over high heat. Add the remaining onions and the celery and cook until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes. Ladle 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the reduced gravy mixture into the chicken mixture, tossing to coat well, and remove from the heat. Place Fall River Chow Mein Noodles in the bottom of a dish and top with the chicken mixture. Ladle gravy over the chicken and noodles and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Fall River Chow Mein Noodles
Emeril's Duck Chow Mein
Shrimp And Vegetable Pad Thai
Mustard Cream Spaetzle Topped Ham Steak
Sugarcane Baked Ham With Spiced Apples And Pears
Fall River Clam Chowder
Lamb Lollichops with Pickled Vegetable Chow Chow
Emeril’s Delmonico’s Pumpkin Hot Buttered Rum
Pumpkin-shaped Cheddar Crackers
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup