- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces finely chopped chorizo sausage
- 3/4 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons lard, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups masa harina
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 14 to 18 corn husks, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- Mole Sauce
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When hot, add the chorizo and saute for 2 minutes. Add the onions and continue to saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- In a standing electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the lard until light and fluffy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together. Gradually add the stock, stirring to form a soft dough. With the mixer on medium, slowly add the dough mixture into the shortening, the mixture will be sticky.
- Drain the corn husks and pat dry. Tear strips 1/6-inch wide from 2 of the husks for tying the tamales. Divide the tamale dough evenly between the husks and spread in the center, leaving 1-inch at each end uncovered. Place the chorizo mixture on top of the dough and roll the corn husks so that the filling is completely enclosed.
- Twist and tie each end with the strips already torn off.
- Have a saucepan with water ready for steaming. Steam the tamales, covered, in a vegetable basket for 30 to 35 minutes. After 30 minutes, open an edge of a tamale, if the dough pulls away from the sides, the tamales are done. Serve with Mole Sauce.
Chorizo Tamales With Green Mole
Roasted Pork Tacos With Green Mole Sauce And A Cinnamon And Apple Relish
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Pine Nut-crusted Chicken With Green Mole Cream
Ramekin Chicken And Corn Tamales With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Black Bean Cakes With Sauteed Rock Shrimp And Mole Sauce
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
Roasted Pork Tacos With Mole Sauce
Hot Chorizo Tamales With Black Bean And Roasted Pepper Salsa
Shredded Pork Taquitos With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa And Corn And Goat Cheese Queso