- 1 pound of your favorite pasta, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine
- 1 head cauliflower or broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 pound Italian sausage, or other sausage or meat to your liking
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni or salami, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 1 red or green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces cubed mozzarella (fresh or regular both fine)
- 1/2 cup sliced, stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup sliced, pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Finely grated Parmesan, for passing at the table
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. When the pasta is al dente, strain in a colander and return the pasta to the large pot. Cover to keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring another saucepan filled 2/3 full of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to the pot with the pasta.and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat, crumble the Italian sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the pepperoni and cook for 2 minutes, just to release a little of the fat. Transfer the meats to the pot with the pasta and veggies and cover to keep warm. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the hot pan along with the onions and bell peppers and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Using a spoon, transfer the sauteed onion mixture to the pasta pot.
- Add the remaining olive oil, the cubed mozzarella cheese, green and black olives, and parsley to the pot and, using 2 large wooden spoons, toss to thoroughly combine. Serve the pasta in a large bowl for everyone to help themselves. Pass the cheese at the table.
Firehouse Crab Boil
Day After Crab Boil Potato Salad
Braised Breast Of Veal With Fennel And Green Olives
Bone-in Rib-eye Steak with Marchand Du Vin Sauce
Creole Duck Breast with Abita Beer Glaze and Sour Apples
Brandy Spice-Glazed Ham
Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Seared Scallops With Savoy Cabbage, Fingerling Potatoes, Pink Ladies, And Sultanas