- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 13/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup whole basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless sablefish (black cod) fillets
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, and diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chiffonade basil, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and stir continuously, until the mixture is smooth and forms a ball. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute, or until the vegetables are softened. Add the wine and the cream and whisk until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Remove the sauce from the heat and add the basil leaves.
- Season the fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper and place them in a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch pan. Pour the basil sauce over the fish and sprinkle with diced tomatoes. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake about 15 minutes or until fillets are cooked through and flake easily.
- Remove the fillets from the sauce to a plate, and cover to keep warm. Remove and discard the basil leaves from the cream sauce and pour the cream and tomatoes into a small saucepan. Bring the cream sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened. Adjust the seasonings with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 1/4 cup of chiffonade basil and remove the sauce from the heat.
- Place the fillets on individual plates and top immediately with the basil sauce and tomatoes. Garnish with fresh chiffonade of basil if desired.
Sauteed Tuna With Oriental Dipping Sauce And Orange Cilantro Slaw
Roasted Squab With Poached Garlic, Garlic Cream Potatoes And Vinegar Meat Jus
Tagliatelle With Kicked Up Tomato Pasta Sauce, Parmesan Regiano And Fresh Basil
Roast Beef Hash With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce On Garlic French Bread
Bay Scallop Salad With Pancetta, Tomatoes, And White Wine Vinaigrette
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Cheese Stuffed Homemade Sausages With Poached Eggs And Tasso Cream Sauce
Oven Baked Crabmeat Stuffed Sole With Meuniere Sauce
Poached Oysters In Anise Flavored Cream With Black Pepper Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil