- 1 3/4 cups butter graham cracker crumbs, or shortbread cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 11 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 firm-ripe guavas, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 (1 by 3-inch) orange peel strips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine graham cookie crumbs and butter. Press evenly into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, and goat cheese. Beat cheese mixture until smooth. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the sugar and flour. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating just until each egg is incorporated. Fold in lemon zest. Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake for 40 minutes or until the center is just set. Allow cheesecake to cool completely, and chill overnight if possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream and the confectioners' sugar. Pour over the top of the chilled cheesecake, spreading evenly. Return cheesecake to the refrigerator.
- Place guava halves in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine wine, sugar, water, cinnamon stick, and orange peels. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Allow mixture to reduce to about 3/4 cup. Add guava halves and cook just until heated through. Remove mixture from the heat and cool. Remove cinnamon stick and orange peels before serving. Serve room temperature over slices of chilled goat cheesecake.
Apricots Poached In Red Wine
Frisee Salad With Poached Eggs And Red Wine Vinaigrette
Goat's Cheesecake With Fresh Lemon Curd And Berries
Praline And Goat Cheese Cheesecake With Praline Sauce And Candied Pecans
Roasted Baby Beet Salad With Warm Goat Cheese And Frisee
Oranges With Red Wine Syrup And Orange Pound Cake
Peaches Poached In White Wine
Poached Pears Stuffed With Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts Wrapped In Puff Pastry With Port Wine Reduction Sauce
New Orleans Goat Cheesecake