- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large button mushrooms, wiped clean and stemmed (reserve 1 cup minced stems)
- 6 ounces hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 6 ounces sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into a large mixing bowl. Add the mushroom caps and toss to coat.
- Cook the sausages in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and reserved minced mushroom stems and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Transfer the sausage-vegetable mixture to the bowl of a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 2 tablespoons parsley, the Essence, and the remaining teaspoon olive oil. Pulse until the stuffing comes together, about 30 seconds.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a heaping teaspoon of stuffing. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the mushroom caps. Bake the mushrooms until browned and tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Garnish with the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Helen's Sausage Stuffed French Bread
Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Rabbit, Andouille Sausage And Wild Mushroom Gumbo
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Baked Mushrooms Stuffed With Crabmeat Imperial
Veal Roulade With Crabmeat, Mushroom And Spinach Stuffing And Perigourdine Sauce
Crabmeat Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
Eggplant, Sausage, And Ziti Casserole
Paul's Make The Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs With Red Gravy